Sun, Oct 24|
Online Zoom Meeting
Prafull Oorja's uBloom Yoga Therapy for Special Needs Workshop
In this workshop meant for Yoga teachers, Parents of Special Needs, Special Educators, and more, participants will gain a basic understanding of how to support children with special needs to utilize yoga for self-sufficiency and independence by improving symptomatic conditions
Time & Location
Oct 24, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Online Zoom Meeting
About the event
Arva Yoga is partnering with Prafull Oorja for this special one-time workshop in honor of World Mental Health Day
In Prafull Oorja's uBloom Yoga Therapy for Special Needs Workshop, the following topics are covered:
1. Introductory Meditation (5 minutes)
2. About Prafull Oorja (5 minutes)
3. What is Yoga? (3 minutes)
4. What is Yoga Therapy? (3 minutes)
5. What is Yoga Therapy for Special Needs? (7 minutes)
6. Benefits for Special Needs Children (17 minutes)
7. Sample Session (30-40 minutes)
8. Q&A/ Discussion/ Sharing Stories (10-20 minutes)
9. Closing/ Vote of Thanks (5 minutes)
At the end of the workshop, participants will gain a basic understanding of how to support children with special needs to utilize yoga for self-sufficiency and independence by improving symptomatic conditions. It is advisable to work with a trained yoga therapist regularly, so that the practices can be altered to meet the needs of each child specifically and as a small group.
Who should attend: Yoga teachers, Parents of Special Needs, Special Educators, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Educators
A native Californian, Sowmya Ayyar started Prafull Oorja in Bangalore a decade ago, recognizing this to be her karma, a gift from her previous lifetimes to give to society now. She has worked with hundreds of children across the India, and has a vision to uplift people with special needs through the gift of yoga. Sowmya loves to walk and hike, travel throughout India to understand its spirituality. She is a writer and musician as well.
About Prafull Oorja:
Prafull Oorja trains yoga therapists to implement sustainable programs with communities in vulnerable conditions. Our Sangha is built on joy, peace, energy, and celebration.
To empower communities in vulnerable conditions through yoga.
- Train & educate yoga therapists to utilize yoga for social & inner transformation.
- Implement sustainable yoga programs with communities in vulnerable conditions.
- Act as an agent between yoga therapists and communities.
- Create economic opportunities for communities with yoga products.
- Seva: To have an attitude of gratitude while serving.
- Sangha: We do this service as a team. All parts are required for Prafull Oorja to be successful in developing its vision and carrying out the mission.
- Sustainability: Every project undertaken should have a model for sustainability and long-term impact.
- Karuna: A feeling of love, compassion, and empathy guides our service.